Sometimes self tanning takes practice and you can get few “oops moments” Or maybe you are one of those unfortunate people that just got a really bad spray tan and want to get it off.
Let me preface by saying I have read all crazy things on the internet and NEVER recommend that a client uses Windex or ANY chemicals on their body, This is one suggestion that I have seen published and it can be very dangerous.
There are many tips to remove self tanner but these I found have been the most effective methods:
1) Use an exfoliating mitt or glove. Loofas or washcloths do not do the job quickly and can wind up taking extra time if you use them. You can get the mitts online and the gloves are sold in drugstores or supermarkets.
This is an example of what these products look like:
2) Soak in a hot bath with 2 cups of epsom salt. (Epson salt also soothes tires muscles) And after a few minutes start scrubbing it off your skin using one of the gloves combined with a body scrub or a paste that I recommend you make by combining equal parts of baking soda and clarifying shampoo ( any cheap shampoo will work)
3) Slather your body in baby oil. Leave it on for at least a half hour and put on loose clothes so the furniture does not get ruined. Then soak in a hot bath and scrub it off.
4) Soak in a hot tub, This is a quick and highly effective way to remove the spray tan.
Here are some tips to remove the sunless tanner from specific body parts that might have absorbed too much or transferred on to ( such as the palms of the hands while sleeping)
1) To remove spray tan from fingers etc take a kitchen sponge ( scrubber side) and scrub it off with a little dawn dish washing detergent.
2) Take some lemon juice on a cotton ball and rub the area to try to fade it.
3) Some people use a magic eraser .Be very careful with this and just do a little area on the area.
Hope this helps x0- Melissa
Melissa Weinberg is the founder of Perfect Glow Sunless and Melissa Weinberg Tanning & Beauty. She also provides spray tan training and is the South Florida sunless tanning expert .